Terms & Conditions
The museum is committed to providing transformative experiences by connecting art with local and global communities. As such, content provided on remaimodern.org and any other website(s) the museum manages, is meant to educate, share knowledge, promote exhibitions and communicate museum activities to the public.
- The museum maintains all rights for all images, text, audio, video, documents, illustrations, designs, icons and any other content on the website, which are protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. Content may also be covered by other restrictions, including copyright and other proprietary rights held by third parties.
- The materials on this website are provided for browsing, viewing, downloading, listening for non-commercial, educational and personal use only. By downloading, printing or using website content, users agree that they will limit their use of such files to fair dealing and will not violate the museum’s or any other proprietary notices and shall acknowledge the source. Source citations can appear as remaimodern.org or www.remaimodern.org
- Digital manipulation or other modification of anything taken from the website is expressly forbidden.
- Unauthorized commercial publication, exploitation, including but not limited to print or electronic distribution of Remai Modern’s website, or any website it maintains, is prohibited without written consent from the museum and, where applicable, third party rights holders. To obtain permission, individuals must contact Communications & Marketing at email@example.com. The museum will grant permission on a case-by-case basis.
- Trademarks and logos are also protected under copyright laws and the use of these trademarks or logos requires written permission from the museum.
- All images reproduced on the website are provided free of charge for research and/or private study purposes only. Any other use, distribution or reproduction thereof without the express permission of the copyright holder, is subject to limitations imposed by law. Any commercial exploitation of the images is strictly prohibited.
2. Remai Modern encourages other websites to link, where appropriate, to its homepage. Links should be in standard format, however, when linking using content from the website or a specific quote, both a hyperlink and a citation are required.
3. Links to third parties outside of the museum are provided to website visitors when it is most appropriate to do so. These links are offered as a convenience and their inclusion in no way implies that the museum endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of these sites.
4. Any comments or suggestions posted to or transmitted by a user to any Remai Modern website are not confidential and become property of the museum. Users cannot post or transmit any content that is threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, invasive of privacy or privacy rights, abusive or otherwise illegal. The museum does not take responsibility or assumes liability for any such content posted to its website by a user and/or third party.